TITLE: U.S. Wireless Station and Highland Light, North Truro, Cape Cod, MASS.
CAPTION: As early as 1797 Mr. Small sold to the United States ten acres of land on which was erected the first lighthouse on Cape Cod. This lighthouse most generally known as Highland Light is on the ocean side of Cape Cod. The cliffs are 140 feet above sea level and the tower is 65 feet. It has a revolving white light and its rays can be seen forty miles at sea. The fog horn has a blast of eight seconds and an interval of thirty seconds.
POSTCARD ID: 163 and 111730
PUBLISHER: Published by E.D. West Co., South Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MASS.
POSTMARK: Stamped but no postmark; Hand dated 9-10-60